Submit an idea for an original video game. This can be for a 2D or 3D game of any genre and should include:
- A sketched (digital or hand drawn) orthographic image of the main character
- A rough storyboard consisting of one level of game play summarized in 10 or fewer scenes
- Use a multimedia presentation such as Google Slides to place each scene on a separate slide
- A short written description of the overall idea including: game title, game genre, a 1-2 paragraph description of your game backstory and player objective, a bulleted list of key game features the players will experience during gameplay, and a short comparison to another well-known, popular game (similarities and differences)
- A sketched (digital or hand drawn) map of the level described by your storyboard including the location of obstacles players need to overcome to beat it
How to submit your assessment
- Convert all hand drawn images to a digital format using a scanner or camera, all images should be saved in JPG format
- Create a folder titled GAD Assessment - Lastname-Firstname (example: GAD Assessment – Bourgeois-Robert) in Google Drive (personal or school)
- Place all four documents in the folder
- Share the folder with: email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled assessment day and time.
Below is a sample student assessment. Notice it was drawn in pencil but still submitted digitally as instructed. This student placed everything in a slideshow format containing all four documents. Each document is identified with additional information and notes on how to succeed.