Important information regarding digital studio courses at DSA
Although it is not required to have a computer or any previous experience with digital art tools, students interested in the digital art studios would ideally have:
- Access to a computer outside of class (these are digital classes and do require work outside of school)
- An expressed interest in digital art
- Explored, if not created, some form of digital artwork on their own or in a previous class
Submit an idea for an original video game. Include each of the following items:
- A sketched (digital or hand drawn) orthographic image of the main character
- A short written description using Google Docs describing your game idea including:
- A sketched (digital or hand drawn) map of one game level showing the location of all major in-game objects including enemies, obstacles and the spawn point(s)
How to submit your assessment
- 1. Convert all hand drawn images to a digital format. You can do this using the camera on your cell phone but make sure everything is clearly visible. This might involve using your flash or taking the picture in a well lit location.
- Create a folder in Google Drive titled GAD Assessment - Lastname-Firstname (example: GAD Assessment – Bourgeois-Robert)
- Place all documents in the folder
- Share the folder with: email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled assessment day and time.
Below is a sample student assessment. Notice it was drawn in pencil but still submitted digitally as instructed. This student placed everything in a slideshow format containing all four documents. Each document is identified with additional information and notes on how to succeed.